Sunday, October 01, 2006

Stuffed 8-Balls

These look cuter than they taste! The filling was delicious, but the zucchini was a little tough. Maybe I didn't bake them long enough? This recipe was based from one on Recipezaar. I didn't measure the veggies, and used a mixture of miniature cherry tomatoes (left whole), chopped red, yellow, & orange tomatoes, red pepper, mushrooms, and onions.
I scooped out the round zucchini as though they were pumpkins turning into Jack-O-Lanterns. Next time, I will poke a few holes in the bottom of the zucchinis and bake them on a 2-pan broiler pan; allowing them to drain some of the water that the vegetable mixture creates.
Lastly, I sprinkled with cheese and baked some more. I really want to make a typical stuffed bell pepper recipe (I found one that uses ground lamb and rice) and replace the bell pepper with the 8-ball zucchini.

1 comment:

Martalu said...

Those are so cute they almost brought a tear to my eye!