Saturday, April 12, 2008

Southwestern Breakfast Bowl

I have been struggling with a healthy & filling breakfast that I can bring to work. I have been fearful about microwaving eggs in the past, but this recipe has been working well for me. 

1.  Microwave 1/2 cup eggbeaters for a minute at a time until cooked.

2.  Add 1/2 cup black beans and microwave for 30 seconds longer or until warm.

3.  Garnish with 2 Tablespoons salsa, 2 Tablespoons fat free sour cream, and green onions.

This is 4 points for WW.

The original Cooking Light recipe adds shredded cheddar cheese to the black beans. Additionally, CL suggests serving this on top of a corn tortilla. I prefer flour tortillas and the tortilla will add extra points/calories.

I bring the egg substitute to work in a small tupperware container. In a second container I will bring the 1/2 cup of black beans. I use these silicone hearts to hold the sour cream and salsa. I place the condiments in the hearts and package them with the black beans. 


No comments: