Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I Love The Breakfast Cookie

The breakfast cookie is my new favorite week day breakfast. I discovered this cookie on  The Fitnessista and made it with ingredients that I had in my home. 

The Breakfast Cookie

1/3 cup oats
1 TBSP almond butter
1 mini-box of raisins 
1 TBSP or so of skim milk* (enough to moisten the oats)
1 mashed banana

Mix everything together. Spread the mixture on a plate in the shape of a cookie. Refrigerate overnight. Eat with a spoon in the morning.

This cookie tasted like a new variation of my favorite muesli recipe that I found in Vegetarian Times over ten years ago. It was delicious, filling and simply felt healthy. I look forward to other variations as well as throwing protein powder into the mix. 









The calories are shown above. WWP = 6.

*I ordered a latte with skim milk and the Barista sighed, "You must be from the midwest." 
Me: "How did you know? That is amazing!" 
Barista: "Only people out there call fat-free milk: skim."

No comments: