Sunday, August 13, 2006

Ruby Red Mango Smoothie

I found this recipe while flipping through Family Circle. The idea of a smoothie made from ruby red grapefruits sounded refreshing and different. The amount of greek yogurt was a little too much yogurt-ey goodness for my taste buds. (I do not like yogurt at all, but can usually sneak it into smoothies.) Don't get me wrong, the smoothie isn't bad and I will be enjoying it for breakfast tomorrow. I do like the tart taste of the grapefruit combined with the sweet fresh mango. I will be trying more smoothie recipes before recreating this drink. He says: "It tastes pretty good. I like it."

Ruby Red Mango Smoothie, from "Family Circle", July 2006

2 Large Ruby Red Grapefruits
2 Large Ripe Mangoes
1 Cup Mango-Orange Juice
1 Small Container of Low-Fat Greek Yogurt (5.3 ounces)
2 TBSP honey
  1. Cut the top and bottop peel off of the grapefruit. With a knife, cut down between white pith and fruit, removing all of the peel. Following section dividers, cut out sections of fruit. Transfer grapefruit sections and juice to a plastic bag. Freeze at least two hours.
  2. Blend grapefruit, mangoes, and fruit juice until almost smooth. Add yogurt and honey and blend until smooth.

Serves Four
Per Serving: 127 calories, 1 g fat, 2 g protein, 2 g fiber, 30 carbs

*I cut this recipe in half. Additionally, I used plain orange juice instead of the mango-orange juice. Lastly, if you do not want to purchase greek yogurt, I feel that plain yogurt will suffice.

4 comments:

...jus me said...

Hi, I was tagged and now I am tagging you! the tag is to name 5 weird things about yourself and then pass it on to three people of your own. Hope you have fun with it, I am!

...jus me said...

Oh and the smoothie looks good, really different, but good!

Eve said...

I LOVE your blog!! All the lovely food pics are great.

Cheers Eve

Eve said...

I LOVE your blog!! All the lovely food pics are great.

Cheers Eve