Thursday, June 03, 2010

Ice Cream


I am in love with Skinny Cow Ice Cream cones. In San Diego, they cost approximately $4.99-$5.49 for a box of four delicious (3 point) treats. I decided that I could "make" something similar for much less. It isn't wise for me to bring caramel or chocolate sauce into my home. However, a drizzle would not add many points (depending on the brand) if your willpower is greater than mine.
I came home from the store with Black Cherry Chocolate Chip Low Fat Frozen Yogurt (90 cal, .5 fat, 0 fiber @ $2.99) and plain ice cream cones (20 calories, 0 fat, 0 fiber @ $1.49). I weigh the ice cream (70 grams) using my handy kitchen scale to make sure that I am getting my points worth!

What I like about Skinny Cow is that they come in single portions. Not that I always stick to one portion, but I am more willing to bring already rationed treats into my home over a giant container of frozen yogurt. It is my hope that the ice cream cones will maintain this single portion size mentality. I calculate the cone shown to be 2 points! I realize the replication is not even close to the original Skinny Cow love that I have had. But when it came down to points I went with the flat cone. And who can resist cherry ice cream smiles?

No comments: